"I'll hae nae hauf-way hoose but aye be whaur extremes meet..." Hugh McDiarmid

Sunday 7 October 2012

month to go...

so the Abu Dhabi half marathon is a month away now. 9th november to be exact. I've booked days off work and got a hotel for me and Caroline, my running partner. we are still trying to work out when to fly.

training is going pretty well. after the month off I had in the UK where I think I only ran 3 or 4 times (whoops) I was a bit worried I'd fallen behind. we've been doing one long run a week for the last few weeks and it's coming along - we're now up to 18km. for the imperial among you, a half marathon is 21km, so we are very nearly there. I'm not even sure if we're supposed to run 21km before race day!

now we have set our sights on the Dubai marathon at the end of january 2013... I am quite terrified at this prospect, but then four months ago I could barely run 3km without having to walk at least once!

also, I sold my mountain bike last week. so all dreams of doing the trans hajar are gone. I am quite gutted about this, but to be honest I don't have the time or the inclination to train for this as well. I'll stick to triathlon, marathon running and sea swimming for the moment ;)

speaking of triathlon, now I am bike-less, I am hoping to find a friendly road cyclist to team up with so I can swim and run :D

having said that, oman triathlon seem to be organising events when I'm not free to go :(

it's a conspiracy!

clipper have started to post some photos of our new 70s on the website this week. very exciting! I have added these pictures to my photo stream here and on the virgin giving page :)

the baisa box idea of ClĂ­ona and Anna at work is doing well. the opera house guys are being incredibly generous - emptying their wallets of loose baisa at the end of every week! this money is going to be logged on the virgin giving page by one of the girls at some point :)

I am still chipping away at my berth fee. I still need to write sponsorship letters, but I have no idea what to write. I have some ideas about who to write to, but no idea how to make me sailing around the world appealing to them. if anybody reading this has any thoughts, please email me on clairedoesclipper@me.com

my sister is here for two weeks soon and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment