"I'll hae nae hauf-way hoose but aye be whaur extremes meet..." Hugh McDiarmid

Sunday 8 September 2013

London race village

arriving into london was pretty sweet. I popped up to the top of the mast and stuck my go pro up there to record :) unfortunately, the footage isn't that great because of the weird angle it ended up at, and I missed matt's sweet parking in st katharine's dock...

once we'd arrived and berthed up, the race manager came round and issued us with our crew wristbands and the usual information about showers and everything. I nipped back up the rig to retrieve the camera and I reckon there will be loads of photos and video of that ;)

we had a really busy week working on the boat, and everyone had loads of visitors wanting a look round so it passed pretty quickly.

we also met our sponsors, mission performance, properly. we went for beer and out for a meal after they gave a presentation about what they do and what they hope to get out of the race. they are a really interesting bunch of folk and I think the best sponsors to give us practical and emotional support on the race.


No comments:

Post a Comment