"I'll hae nae hauf-way hoose but aye be whaur extremes meet..." Hugh McDiarmid

Saturday 6 April 2013

tick-tock

I'm very aware at the moment that I am counting down. to crew allocation. to finishing up work here in oman and getting back to scotland, albeit briefly. to my level 2. to my level 3. to the start of the race.

I need to be careful not to wish this bit of my life away. I have seven weeks left now. seven weeks to spend quality time with the good friends I've made here in muscat over the past two years. seven weeks to sell my car, finish the building manual and tie up any loose ends here before I fly back to glasgow.

very sad news this week about Iain Banks, one of my favourite authors. my favourite scottish author. or as someone on twitter put - 'two of scotland's greatest authors' - very apt. going to have to download as many of his books as possible onto my kindle for the race :)

we had our joining instructions for the crew allocation day through yesterday. I clicked 'accept' so I'm all set. I've had my travelodge and my flights booked for a couple of months now - I am only getting 3 days in the UK for this one. it's going to be a tightly packed day, and I'll have to get my photo taken at least once. torture :S

we're all currently waiting to find out who our 12 skippers are. we know they've been selected and the facebook group is digging for information to find out. nothing is forthcoming though, so I suppose we'll just have to wait to find out. hopefully next week. there's that clock again...

No comments:

Post a Comment